Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012 "preview"

So I am working on the Tag for August and I am pretty low on supplies that match Tim's. :( But I made do. I used my Bliss set from Some Odd Girl and colored her in for the silhouette image. Here is a link to Tim's blog about this Month's Tag so you can see the differences.

Here is a little "tutorial" on my silhouette stamp technique:



The best way for me to color around the edges is to turn the paper so I could angle it better. Next I did some aging to the paper. I dry embossed it with one of my stampin up texture folders. I also have yet to get any 3D flower die cuts...one day maybe. In the meantime, useing the same concept as the die cuts, I just hand cut a scallop punch to make it by hand. It is more difficult as the cuts aren't symmetrical but the end results aren't too bad IMO.


So not too bad. I am still adding some finishing touches so I will post the completed tag in another post, but all in all I hope you learned some new techniques here..or at least inspired by Tim's design as I was. The silhouette was my favorite. I am hoping to get some more of the distress supplies soon but it is hard when I need $$. Here is a picture of  before and after where the Tag is almost completed.


No comments: