Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Simple Nature Card

First of all, Thank you to all those that showed some love on the last DeNami blog hop! I appreciate all the comments and am happy you liked the card. Please stop by and comment on some of my others posts as well! :)

Next, this last week I was on a vacation in the mountains, up by Priest Lake, Id. I have very little internet connection so I was unable to visit anyone's blog this past week. I will get back to that here now that I am home.


Since we flew to Idaho, it is not easy to bring along all my fun crafting supplies but I had to bring something since a week with no crafting can drive me insane! SO I brought along my favorite Some Odd Girl clear stamps, a blender pen, water color pencils, some cardstock, acrylic block, and 2 SU stamps pads: basic black and chocolate chip.

So I set to making a few cards while I was up there. The first one I made was my favorite! I stamped the Royal SOG and then drew the trees around her, inspired by the view from the Cabin's deck.
I am not a very good artist but I thought the background came out pretty good for me.


As all I brought was my Some Odd Girl, girl stamps, it turned out to be my Uncle's birthday. As his room in the cabin is in the Moose theme, I hand drew a moose and gave him that card for his birthday. This card will REALLY demonstrate my lack of artistic talent, but hey I tried.



Lastly, I am one of the biggest Huckleberry fans out there, those berries are just amazingly delicious! And this was the first time after many years of being up in Idaho that I got to pick some! My Uncle made the most amazing sauce with them! So in honor of the berries I made a "Huckleberry Mermaid" card. :) I forgot to take a picture of that one but in the mean time here are some huckleberry pictures I took. :)






No comments: