Thursday, July 5, 2012

No Line Coloring

So I was hopping around and finally found a tutorial on "no line coloring" here at the Whiff of Joy website. YAY! :) So I was going to use this technique for the layout for this month's Sketch Challenge at Some Odd Girl, but ended up liking it centered more for this color job. Either way though, I stamped the Under the Sea Mae in Sky Blue (that was the lightest color I had) then used a combination of copics and stampin up markers to color her in. I then masked her by stamping her on a large post-it note and cut out and stuck to my colored image. I then used a dauber to color the sea all around her. I used the waves from the Beach Day Buddies stamp set.

After, I did the same no line technique to the shell and the crab. Stamped the sentiment (also from Beach Day Buddies) on the ribbon and pieced together with some sand colored scraps on a blue textured cardstock that was in my scrap stash. I then used Liquid Pearls to accent the border and her shell in her hair. (I <3 Liquid Pearls!)

Enjoy!

Close up
Sentiment and Crab Closeup
Full VIew



2 comments:

Mia said...

Lani. that looks amazing! i love it! great job

The Wolverina /// said...

Thanks Mia!