Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tri Tip Dinner

So I thought I would post this recipe to my arts and crafts blog because food is a work of art and I don't usually post recipe's. This one turned out pretty delicious so I thought I would share.

Ingredients:

-Tri Tip Roast (don't know the pounds, but it the typical tri tip size you buy at the store, I got mine at Target, their Sutton & Dodge meat is pretty tender.
-2 can's (about 28-30oz) Beef Broth/Stock. (I prefer Swanson)
-Water-fill up the extra space with.
-The Best Barbeque Sauce You'll Ever Taste!! (seriously guys, this stuff is delicious! Click here for the website The Best Sauces-check this out even if you aren't going to make this recipe, it is delicious on all sorts of things! Best of all, if you go to the OC Swap Meet he is there!)
-1/2 Onion. (you can add carrots and potatoes or celery or anything you want, this particular time I only used an onion.)

If you want to make the pasta, all you will need is noodles.


Let me break this down without all my yammering...

Ingredients:
-Tri Tip Roast
-Beef Broth (2 Cans)
-Water
-The BEST Barbecue Sauce
-Onion (veggies)

Prep Time: 5-10 minutes.
Cook Time: 8hrs

Directions:
You can marinate the tri tip if you want, I didn't get a chance this time and it still tasted amazing. Cut up the onion. Set the crock pot out, and line with the crock pot liners by reynolds if you have them (if you don't, get them, they are amazing for cleanup!) Add a portion of the beef broth.  Put the tri tip in the pot, then coat the entire top with the BBQ sauce. Then add the remaining beef broth. Drop in the onion. Add the water until it covers the tri tip completely. Put the lid on and cook on low for 8hrs.

After about 4 hours, I turned the roast over.
After the 8 hours is up, I ladeled out the juice in a pan an set aside.
If you are going to make the pasta, leave the roast in until your pasta is ready. If you have other side dishes, then you can remove it now and serve.  Bring the broth to a boil, then add noodles. Let them cook for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the noodle, then turn off heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Remove the tri tip, it will fall to pieces so be aware that it will and serve.

This really made a nice tender, sweet tri tip. The noodles together with it really tasted good. Enjoy!

Oh, and for desert, I made some vanilla ceylon tea, added some Honey Jack Daniel's Whiskey and some Sugar Cookie creamer, YUMMY!!








No comments: