Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Week 4 He{art} Journal at The Greeting Farm




Hi everyone! Well this week's challenge was to hand draw "The Girl In Me." One of the reasons I enjoy stamping and scrapbooking so much is that I don't HAVE to draw!!! I have never liked anything I had to draw but I still wanted to participate in this challenge so I got the pencil out and started drawing.

I started out by sketching the girl. I had no idea what I was going to put on the page. While I was trying to figure out what to do with the hands (isn't that always a challenge???) and then I decided to use the sign for "I Love You." From there I just felt like drawing something that represented the loved ones I've lost so I drew each thing I could draw that would represent that someone, Grandpa was the heart guitar, Darlene was the colorful butterfly, Dusti had her doggie ears, and Connie was the little Angel flying among the flowers.

Part of the challenge was using a medium not used before. So rather than go buy something I instead rummaged through materials I had purchased prior but never used. So I used the markers I had that I've only used maybe once, and the Mod Podge with glitter I bought but hadn't used yet. That was also a homage to Connie, she is the one that introduced me to Mod Podge.


No comments: