Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Good News and a Beautiful Card!

So my good, no, AWESOME news today is that after 3 and 1/2 months of the Herbalife program and a mildly vigorous exercise program, my body fat percentage is down 8% and I've lost 18lbs! Sure it isn't a huge amount but it is a manageable amount that is not only starting to slim me down but I haven't felt this good in ages! SO, go me!

Now to the crafty stuff. Since finding Some Odd Girl I have become a complete fan and my favorite SOGgy so far is the Tropical Mae. I just can't get enough of coloring her and adding her to a card with total beachy decor! So when asked to make a card for my friends wife (who has loved my cards from the beginning and even gets teary eyed!) I knew I needed to make a gorgeous card with my favorite Mae. So here ya have it. This card is so special because it was so loved by the earth, it quaked in excitement! (4.4 magnitude and a jumper!)

So this Tropical Mae was made with some decorative beach paper (I think DCW...I'll update the blog later tonight when I confirm). I used Stampin Up cardstock and the Fancy Flower stamp set from Stampin Up and using the Easel Card technique. I colored Mae with Copics (I am starting to improve a tad on coloring, IMO) and added stickles to the colors of the flowers and a gold brad for the middle. The shells on the bottom are genuine common shells found along Huntington Beach, CA. If anyone knows that beach then they probably know that the shells aren't all that pretty. But for me, they fancy up right away when you paint liquid pearls on them! Wow but do they shimmer! The picture doesn't do it justice but there ya have it.





No comments: