Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Crackled" Picture Frame

So every month we hold our ATV club meeting, for this one, I made a frame for our raffle. The frame is from Michaels, I sanded it so the wood was more smooth, then I painted an ivory base coat in Acrylic paints. Next I painted a coat of crackle medium. Lastly, I painted the orange paint over the crackle so the orange will be cracked. Then I used an embossed image of a quad, cut some wire for the flat. Painted on some dust and dunes for the border, popped up the quad and then stamped our club name on the right side. It was a lot of fun and the raffle winner loved it!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Greta said...

Wonderful project! Bet they loved it! Thanks for visiting my blog for the hop.

The Wolverina /// said...

Thank you for the kind words! Yes they did love it and the raffle winner is excited to put it in her motorhome! :) I totally enjoyed your card for the Ribbon Blog Hop, it really was the best one of the hop in my opinion! Always hard to choose but yours was perfect! :)